This installment of Supplier Spotlight® highlights Immuneed, a Sweden-based CRO providing customers across the globe with physiologically relevant data on the non-clinical safety and efficacy, aiding in selecting their most promising drug candidates.
What is your company’s mission?
In an increasingly advanced industry, we enable companies at the forefront of science to invest in the right drug candidate.
What services do you offer?
We have a unique ex vivo test system, ID.Flow®, which keeps fresh human whole blood circulating at 37ºC, mimicking human blood circulation. One or several drug candidates at different concentrations can be tested in blood from the same donors, alongside relevant controls. Samples can be collected from the ID.Flow at different time points, and multiple immune-mediated responses can be evaluated in the same blood samples. We offer analyses on cytokine release, immune cell activation and depletion, cell binding, complement activation and platelet activation.
What problems do you solve?
We aid in the non-clinical assessment of biopharmaceutical drug candidates that either exert their effects through the human immune system or are administered intravenously by answering essential questions related to their safety and function, thereby helping with the following:
- selecting the most promising drug candidates
- determining appropriate clinical dosage
- supporting regulatory approval.
Immuneed has experience with a wide range of molecules, including antibodies, oligonucleotides and cell-based therapies.
What are the most innovative tools and technologies that you offer?
ID.Flow®, our ex vivo test system mimicking human blood circulation.
What are your competitive advantages?
- We can study easily activated cells such as platelets, granulocytes and monocytes, since we use fresh blood collected from donors at our test facility and immediately transfer the blood into the ID.Flow test system.
- We can study complement factors, as we keep the blood circulating, and therefore need only low amounts of anti-coagulants.
- Our data are reproducible, as our blood handling procedures are standardized and the blood is minimally manipulated.
- We can provide a comprehensive picture of what happens when a drug meets human blood in a time- and cost-efficient way, as multiple analyses can be performed on the same samples, and cascade systems, immune cells and serum components are kept intact.
Who are your clients?
Biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies across the globe.
What new services are you developing?
Immuneed is constantly improving and developing new services based on customer feedback.
We are currently working on:
- updating our existing assays for platelets and GTMPs
- exploring the best set-up for cell-based therapies in our test system
- exploring the use of donor blood from specific patient groups.
Where are your laboratories and offices located?
Immuneed’s offices and laboratories are located at Kungsgatan 70 D, 753 41 Uppsala, Sweden.
How has Scientist.com helped your business?
Scientist.com has made it easier for us to find new companies to collaborate with and to create necessary agreements, since the platform supports matching and provides initial basic agreement terms. This creates a good basis for initial discussions.