This installment of Supplier Spotlight® highlights GenScript, a leading biotech company specializing in fundamental life sciences research and early-phase drug discovery services.
What is your company’s mission?
Since its inception in 2002, GenScript’s mission has been to build world-class biotech platforms for R&D in synthetic biology and healthcare to facilitate life science research, develop innovative products, address environmental issues and treat critical illnesses for the well-being of humanity.
What products and services do you offer?
As a life science-focused Contract Research Organization (CRO), GenScript offers services and products supporting many research areas and applications. GenScript has expanded its suite of synthetic biology services from its original gene offerings, becoming a leader in the field as a provider of large and complex high-quality genes. Additionally, through the development of new platforms, GenScript provides other key offerings such as mutant libraries supporting protein engineering projects and synthetic guide RNAs for CRISPR/Cas-based gene editing applications. Beyond synthetic genes and oligos, other GenScript services include peptide synthesis, recombinant protein expression and custom antibody services.
What problems do you solve?
GenScript partners with life science investigators in academia, biotech and pharma to “make research easy” by providing support and one-stop solutions through established platforms and proprietary technologies. For example, GenScript services offer comprehensive solutions to expedite and facilitate the antibody discovery and development workflow.
What are the most innovative tools and technologies that you offer?
- Gene synthesis at GenScript is supported by next-generation semiconductor-based DNA synthesis technology operating within an automated platform, which supports the synthesis of oligos for Precise Mutant Library services. This automated platform enables introducing only desired nucleotide changes into the growing oligonucleotide chain allowing total control over variants represented in a library, reducing an investigator’s screening efforts and expediting protein engineering projects.
- GenScript’s MonoRabTM antibody discovery platform is based on the screening of rabbit single B cells. It capitalizes on the rabbit’s natural ability to generate highly specific and high-affinity monoclonal antibodies toward a wide range of difficult targets such as small molecules, post-translational modifications, antibody drugs and even antigens that are non-immunogenic in mice.
What are your competitive advantages?
All services at GenScript are supported by dedicated Ph.D.-level project managers and 24 hr. technical support, which ensures continuity and successful delivery of projects. Additionally, each service offers specific advantages to investigators, including:
- GenScript’s gene synthesis services: 99.95% one-time success rate and 95% on-time delivery rate.
- GenScript’s MonoRabTM services: high clone number delivery and industry-leading turnaround times.
- GenScript’s peptide synthesis services: over 98% success rate at industry-leading speed, as fast as 5 business days.
- GenScript’s mammalian CHO expression services: increased yield, over 2g/L and short turnaround times (6 weeks).
Who are your clients?
GenScript partners with investigators in the academic and government sector, biotech, pharmaceutical, agriculture and cosmetic industries globally.
What new products and services are you developing in 2022?
GenScript is continuously innovating, and several new offerings will benefit investigators developing gene and cell therapies and antibody drugs. For example, CRISPR/Cas9-based editing has become a game-changer for developing cancer cell therapies such as CAR-T cells. GenScript’s GenExactTM ssDNAs are high-quality, sequence-verified homology-directed repair templates that maximize editing efficiency, which is ideal for non-viral T cell engineering. GenExactTM ssDNAs can be synthesized as large templates (i.e., 5 kb) of high purity, from research to basic GMP grade.
Conserving post-translational modifications and proper folding during recombinant protein expression is critical in developing bioactive proteins such as antibody drugs. GenScript’s new mammalian CHO expression services, including TurboCHOTM High-Throughput, Express and High-Performance, are designed to ease the antibody discovery and development workflow. By expediting high-yield protein expression, TurboCHOTM services support target discovery, lead identification and optimization and candidate selection, ensuring a path toward clinical evaluation.
Where are your laboratories and offices located?
GenScript was founded in 2002 in Piscataway, New Jersey, and over the past 20 years, it has expanded its presence internationally. Offices and/or production facilities can be currently found in China, Europe, Asia/Pacific, Japan and Korea.
Connect with GenScript.