This Supplier Spotlight® highlights Nashville Biosciences, a clinical big data & genomics company accelerating the R&D activity of partners in the biopharmaceutical, diagnostics and AI industries.
What is your company’s mission?
By leveraging Vanderbilt University Innovation™, Nashville Biosciences serves as a commercial interface between external companies and the formidable research capabilities housed within Vanderbilt University Medical Center, including BioVU®, one of the world’s most comprehensive genetic databases linked to biospecimens and de-identified medical records with years of longitudinal clinical data. This unique asset is one of the largest and highest quality of its kind, providing an unprecedented opportunity to guide R&D activity in biotech, pharma, diagnostics, medical devices and other life sciences applications.
What products and services do you offer?
Nashville Biosciences offers a suite of services in a bespoke, customer-centric manner and is able to assist in a number of studies ranging from preclinical drug discovery through post-market studies. Our product offerings include:
- Providing rich, longitudinal RWD with linked genetic data and biospecimen (plasma, DNA, tissue, etc.)
- Assisting in Genome Wide Association Studies (GWAS) & Phenome Wide Association Studies (PheWAS)
- Deep phenotyping from clinical notes
- Medical images
- Genotyped DNA samples
- Advanced analytics/consulting
What problems do you solve?
We specialize in the following, catered to our clients’ specifications:
- Real World Data cohort design
- Molecular data generation
- Disease/target ID
- Clinical trial optimization
What are the most innovative tools and technologies that you offer?
Our most recent innovation is the GDRT (genetic data retrieval tool), which is able to query massive quantities of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the context of clinical data. This tool allows our team to pool genetic variants from several data sources and, when interpreted in the context of EMRs, it provides the opportunity to link genetic and clinical information from a curated list of SNPs.
What are your competitive advantages?
- Integrated suite of solutions- clinical data, biological specimens/data, in-house analytic capabilities
- Richest and largest de-identified EMR and linked bio-specimen repository (BioVU)
- Longitudinal depth and diversity of clinical data
- Unstructured patient clinical notes and biopsy reports
- 100% cloud and works across AWS & GCP
Who are your clients?
Biotech/Big Pharma/Healthcare Ai ML.
Since launching in 2018, we have worked with 60+ clients including the majority of top 20 pharmaceutical companies.
What new products and services are you developing in 2022?
We are in the process of developing two new product offerings that can be linked with the clinical and genomic data in our database: 1) ImageVU - a medical imaging repository offering CT and MRI images (with expanded product offerings in development) and 2) MicroVU - a microbial repository for clinical pathogen R&D.
Where are your laboratories and offices located?
Our headquarters is based in Nashville, TN, and we have an office in San Diego, CA.
Connect with Nashville Biosciences