This installment of Supplier Spotlight® is on Cureline, a global translational and precision medicine CRO providing HBS biobanking and laboratory services for accelerated drug R&D and Dx development since 2003.
What is your company’s mission?
Cureline’s mission is to provide high-quality premium grade human biospecimens (collected under rigorous US/EU standards) for preclinical research in precision medicine including translational research, biomarker R&D, molecular and companion diagnostics development.
What products and services do you offer?
Cureline, Inc. is a global CRO with an ever-growing network of over 120 clinical sites spanning 20+ countries. We offer molecular, histopathology services, high quality banked and prospective collection of human biological samples (HBS) in solid/immune-oncology, hematology, metabolic, autoimmune, neuro-degenerative, infectious and other therapeutic areas collected under rigorous US/EU standards. Below is a list of our services:
- Fresh tumor tissue acquisition and processing, including custom protocols
- Frozen and FFPE tumor specimens, plasma/serum with clinical follow-up data (overall survival, treatment response, etc.)
- Preparation of frozen and viable cellular sub-fractions from blood (PBMCs) and bone marrow (BMCA, BMMCs) from patients with hematological malignancies and other indications
- Longitudinal collection of biospecimens from patients with a specified treatment regimen (solid tumors, hematological cancers, RA, SLE, etc.)
- Procurement of normal post-mortem tissues (FDA / IMEA panels) with short (2 – 6 hours) PMI for cross-reactivity studies
What problems do you solve?
In the ever-changing realm of research, Cureline is at the forefront of providing researchers with both retrospective and prospectively collected human biospecimen in accordance with their research projects. We have vast expertise in the implementation of custom clinical and laboratory protocols.
What are the most innovative tools and technologies that you offer?
- 3D histoculture – investigation of drug effects in fresh human tumor prepared ex vivo for 12-48-hour cultures
- Dissociated tumor cells (DTC) from an individual human tumor (cancer cells, stromal cells, inflammatory components) viable cell in DMSO-containing media
- PDx Models (viable tumor pieces) – investigation of drug response in vivo (modeling of multiple human tumor types in mice)
- Matching and longitudinal oncology HBS sets – correlative investigation of biomarkers and immune-specific events
What are your competitive advantages?
- Proven excellence in global biobanking regulations and regulatory compliance
- ISO 9001:2015 accredited standardized biobanking protocols, NCI/ISBER Best Biobanking Practices and CAP-spirited Quality Management system
- Validated biotech/clinical Executive Management Team with extensive expertise in oncology, inflammation, diabetes, ID, CNS and other therapeutic areas
- Currently have 25+ highly qualified FTEs and 30+ consultants
Who are your clients?
- Big pharma (GNE, Pfizer, JnJ, Merck, Roche, etc.)
- Biotechnology (smaller companies, start-ups)
- Government (NIH, FDA, CDC)
- Academia (universities and research institutes)
- CROs (NeoGenomics, CRL, Almac, DAKO, Quest, etc.)
- Product companies (Affymetrix, Agilent, etc.)
- Distributors (launched this year)
What new products and services are you developing in 2021?
Establishment of a protocol for the collection of high-quality premium grade longitudinal cell-free plasma and tissue specimens from within our growing oncologist network. Longitudinal sample set includes one sample pretreatment and up to 2-5 follow-up samples, each including comprehensive clinical data.
Longitudinal cell-free plasma biospecimens are derived from patients undergoing SOC chemo and surgical interventions for major solid oncology indications, offering abundant opportunities research in biomarker discovery, drug development or advancement of diagnostic testing.
Where are your laboratories and offices located?
How has Scientist.com helped your business?
As early adopters of the Scientist.com platform, we have worked closely with its marketing and developer team to simplify and expedite the ordering system (Cureline Punchout), making the platform more user friendly for both scientists and vendors alike.