STAT3 Luciferase Reporter Lentivirus
The STAT3 Luciferase Reporter Lentivirus are replication incompetent, HIV-based, VSV-G pseudotyped lentiviral particles that are ready to be transduced into almost all types of mammalian cells, including primary and non-dividing cells. The particles contain a firefly luciferase gene under the control of STAT3-responsive element located upstream of the minimal TATA promoter. After transduction, activation of the STAT3 signaling pathway in the target cells can be monitored by measuring the luciferase activity.
- Category: Lentivirus
- Subcategory: Cell Signaling Pathway
- Lead Time: 1-2 DAYS
- Applications: • Screen for activators or inhibitors of STAT3 signaling pathway in the transduced target cells • Generation of STAT3 luciferase reporter stable cell line
- Formulation: The lentiviruses were produced from HEK293T cells and are provided in medium containing 90% DMEM + 10% FBS.
- Instructions For Use: See assay protocol for detailed instructions,
- Notes: Biosafety: The lentiviruses are produced with the third generation SIN (self-inactivation) lentivector which ensures self-inactivation of the lentiviral construct after transduction and integration into the genomic DNA of the target cells. None of the HIV genes (gag, pol, rev) will be expressed in the transduced cells, as they are expressed from packaging plasmids lacking the packing signal. Although the pseudotyped lentiviruses are replication-incompetent, they require the use of a Biosafety Level 2 facility. BPS recommends following all local federal, state, and institutional regulations and using all appropriate safety precautions.
- References: 1. Pessara, U., Koch, N. (1990) Tumor necrosis factor alpha regulates expression of the major histocompatibility complex class II-associated invariant chain by binding of an NF-κB-like factor to a promoter element. Mol Cell Biol. 10(8):4146-4154. 2. Baeuerle, P.A. (1998) Pro-inflammatory signaling: last pieces in the NF-κB puzzle? Curr Biol. 8(1):R19-R22.
- Shiptemp: -80°C
- Storage Stability: Lentiviruses are shipped with dry ice. For long term storage, it is recommended to store the virus at -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. Titers can drop significantly with each freeze-thaw cycle.
- Supplied As: Two vials (500 µl x 2) of STAT3 luciferase reporter lentivirus at a titer ≥5 x 10^6 TU/ml. The titer will vary with each lot; the exact value is provided with each shipment.
- Synonyms: Acute-Phase Response Factor, APRF, ADMIO1, HIES
- Unspsc Code: 41106621
- Unspsc Name: Virus mediated expression vectors or kits
- Warnings: Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.