Adeno-Associated Virus Serotype 1 (AAV1) exhibits high homology with other AAV serotypes. AAV1 efficiently transduces muscle tissue, as determined by a region of the capsid protein VP1 (amino acids 350 to 430) which functions as a major determinant of tissue tropism. These AAV1 particles constitutively express the firefly (Photinus pyralis) luciferase and eGFP genes connected via a T2A linker, under the control of a CMV promoter. The T2A self-cleaving peptide (derived from Thosea asigna virus 2A) leads to the efficient cleavage of the transcript, and expression of luciferase and eGFP as two separate proteins.
- Category: AAV virus
- Subcategory: Cell Signaling Pathway
- Lead Time: 1-2 DAYS
- Applications: Use as a positive control for transduction Optimize transduction assays and track expression over time
- Formulation: AAV was produced in HEK293-AAV cells and is supplied in PBS-MK (PBS Magnesium-Potassium) buffer with 0.01% Pluronic F68.
- Notes: Biosafety: Recombinant AAV is inherently replication-deficient and not known to cause any human diseases. Additionally, following transduction, AAV vectors exist episomally and do not integrate into or disrupt the host cell's genome. AAV requires the use of a Biosafety Level 1 facility. BPS Bioscience recommends following all local, federal, state, and institutional regulations and using all appropriate safety precautions. Troubleshooting Guide: Visit bpsbioscience.com/lentivirus-faq for detailed troubleshooting instructions. For all further questions, please email email@example.com.
- Shiptemp: -80°C
- Species: Wild-type AAV Serotype 1
- Storage Stability: AAV is shipped with dry ice. For long-term storage, it is recommended to store AAV at -80°C.
- Supplied As: Two vials (50 µl x 2) of AAV at a titer ≥1 x 1012 TU/ml. The titer is determined by qPCR and will vary with each lot; the exact value will be provided with each shipment.
- Unspsc Code: 41106621
- Unspsc Name: Virus mediated expression vectors or kits
- Warnings: Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.