The CD22 Lentiviruses are replication incompetent, HIV based, VSV-G pseudotyped lentiviral particles that are ready to infect almost all types of mammalian cells, including primary and non-dividing cells. These viruses constitutively express human CD22 (NM_001771) under the control of an EF1a promoter.
- Category: Lentivirus
- Subcategory: Cell Signaling Pathway
- Lead Time: 1-2 DAYS
- Applications: Study the transient expression of human CD22 in target cells. Generate a stable cell line expressing human CD22 with limiting dilution and puromycin selection.
- Formulation: The lentivirus particles were produced from HEK293T cells. They are supplied in cell culture medium containing 90% DMEM + 10% FBS.
- Background: CD22, also known as Siglec-2, is expressed on the membrane of B-cells. It acts as an inhibitory co-receptor of the B-cell receptor to control the B-cell immune response. In 2017 the FDA approved Besponsa, an antibody-drug conjugate targeting CD22, for patients with B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Additional therapies targeting CD22 are under evaluation.
- Notes: To generate a CD22 stable cell line, remove the growth medium 48 hours after transduction and replace it with fresh growth medium containing the appropriate amount of puromycin (as pre-determined from a killing curve) for antibiotics selection of transduced cells. Biosafety: None of the HIV genes (gag, pol, rev) will be expressed in the transduced cells, as they are expressed from packaging plasmids lacking the packing signal and are not present in the lentivirus particle. Although the pseudotyped lentiviruses are replication-incompetent, they require the use of a Biosafety Level 2 facility. BPS Bioscience recommends following all local federal, state, and institutional regulations and using all appropriate safety precautions. Troubleshooting Guide: Visit bpsbioscience.com/lentivirus-faq for detailed troubleshooting instructions. For all further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shiptemp: -80°C
- Storage Stability: Lentiviruses are shipped with dry ice. For long term storage, it is recommended to store the virus at -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. Titers can drop significantly with each freeze-thaw cycle.
- Supplied As: Two vials (500 µl x 2) of lentivirus at a titer ≥107 TU/ml. The titer will vary with each lot; the exact value will be provided with each shipment.
- Unspsc Code: 41106621
- Unspsc Name: Virus mediated expression vectors or kits
- Warnings: Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.