Adeno-Associated Virus serotype 8 (AAV8) was isolated from rhesus monkey tissue, and the AAV8 rep and cap nucleotide sequences have 88% homology with AAV7 and 82% with AAV2. AAV8 exhibits greater transduction efficiency in the liver than other AAV serotypes. AAV8 and 9 have recently been used to correct disease-causing mutations and improve muscle function in mouse models of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. These AAV particles constitutively express the firefly (Photinus pyralis) luciferase gene under the control of a CMV promoter. AAV transduction efficiency can easily be verified by measurement of luciferase activity.
- Category: AAV virus
- Subcategory: Cell Signaling Pathway
- Lead Time: 1-2 DAYS
- Applications: Use as a positive control for transduction Optimize transduction assays and track protein expression over time
- Formulation: AAV was produced in HEK293-AAV cells and is supplied in PBS-MK (PBS Magnesium-Potassium) buffer containing 0.01% Pluronic F68.
- Notes: Biosafety: Recombinant AAV is inherently replication-deficient and not known to cause any human diseases. Additionally, following transduction, AAV vectors exist episomally and do not integrate into or disrupt the host cell's genome. AAV requires the use of a Biosafety Level 1 facility. BPS Bioscience recommends following all local, federal, state, and institutional regulations and using all appropriate safety precautions. Troubleshooting Guide: Visit bpsbioscience.com/lentivirus-faq for detailed troubleshooting instructions. For all further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shiptemp: -80°C
- Species: Wild-type AAV Serotype 8
- Storage Stability: AAV is shipped with dry ice. For long-term storage, it is recommended to store AAV at -80°C.
- Supplied As: Two vials (50 µl x 2) of AAV at a titer ≥1 x 1012 TU/ml. The titer is determined by qPCR and will vary with each lot; the exact value will be provided with each shipment.
- Unspsc Code: 41106621
- Unspsc Name: Virus mediated expression vectors or kits
- Warnings: Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.